Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Photo Essay No.07 - Moonshine

Monday evening (12/01) the sky cleared. I captured one good picture of the Moon, Venus, Jupiter alignment.


Astronomy is automatic up here. At least for me. Clear moonless nights are both frightening (I'm sure I'll be eaten by a squirrel or a moose or something when I go out after sunset) and exhilarating. Orion is the most prominent feature of the sky outside my south facing windows. I can tell time by it. With all this snow on the ground, when the moon comes back the valley is almost bright enough to read a newspaper.






p. s. - This guitar wielding hypnotist puts me in a moon-watching trance whenever I listen. So despite the bigfoot threat I wandered outside the last few nights to soak up some lesser light...


No comments: