Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gobble Gobble

Here are some pictures of this year's Thanksgiving feast in Gothic. The weather was beautiful and nobody got stuck on the road, in or out.

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I was afraid I'd miss the alarm and not get the bird in the oven in time. I remember waking up and seeing the glowing hands of my clock, and reading them as 4AM. Bzzz! Wrong... only 12:20AM. Turns out I was worried for nothing. For our 12 o'clock supper I put the 21lb., five hour turkey in the hot box at 6AM... to be conservative. It was done in three and a half, two and a half early, as it turned out.

So I put the oven on low and let it stew. By the time the guests arrived, Tom was so tender he fell right off the bone. I made gravy with the drippin's and we ate and ate and ate...







No comments: